[argyllcms] AW: Re: Wide gamut under Win 7 64 bit: Only sRGB

  • From: <2013@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 13:43:18 +0200

János, Tóth F. &lt;janos666@...&gt; writes:

Thank you for your reply!

I also suspected grafics card (and espacially Catalyst Control Center) and
the Dell Monitor settings as possible error cause.

&gt; You should also check your Catalyst Control Center (CCC) settings.

This is a good advice. There are to many &quot;CMS-features&quot; in the CCC
which could cause trouble and interfere/override other CMS.

To avoid possible problems with the CCC I tested two things:

1.) deinstalled CCC (I think even X-Rite advices this in their FAQ) -&gt;
but the problem still exists (even without CCC).

2.) I used Mac OSX 10.8 on the same machine (-&gt; no CCC installed!) -&gt;
but the problem still exists (even under Mac OSC without CCC).

At the momement it seems CCC is not the problem (as it is not installed
anymore).

&gt; Those Dell displays (most of their relatively expensive IPS models)
have gamut emulation capabilities.... .. will be mixed incorrectly.

Very interessing information.

&gt; I had a U2410 and Custom mode was completely useless.

The custom mode seems to be better in the u2711 compared to the u2410

&quot;This  (e.g. Test of u2711) is a good result when you consider the
U2410 had some big problems adjusting and correcting colour accuracy in the
'custom color' preset&quot; ... see
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2711.htm

tftcentral says: &quot;Thankfully the custom color profile on the U2711
works fine.&quot;

On the u2711 seems to be to best option for wide gamut.

But in my case I only get sRGB coverage in a custom mode (e.g. wide gamut
mode) regardless of the OS (Win 7 and MAC OSX 10.8 have the same probleme on
the same machine)...

Thanks to everone helping me!

Alex