[argyllcms] Re: AW: Re: NEC/X-Rite MDSVSensor

  • From: János, Tóth F. <janos666@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 23:08:06 +0200

What is different about the Panton version?
I think their   ColorMunki Display is identical with the X-Rite ColorMunki
Display hardware. Do you refer to the OEM version of the hardware with on of
them or one of them is the X-Rite Display Pro and the other is the
ColorMunki Display? (Different case color and bundle software licenses.) I
can't see if Pantone sell the OEM Display III hardware.

Do you think the OEM version of the Display III will also work with your
driver?
The X-rite software won't work with the OEM hardware and other third-party
softwares will work with the OEM hardware only.

I suspect it could be fairly easy to make them all work with the ArgyllCMS
driver (after any of them works already) but may be you need a sample of the
OEM version. (Or it will "just work"...)

-----------

Do you think you could extend dispcal with some "convenience features" for
HDTV calibration?
HDTV calibration is already possible but more difficult with ArgyllCMS and
many people doesn't even know it is possible because it's not obvious.
Some dedicated features which I think would be very easy to implement (some
of them is basically a copy-paste and some cosmetics of the current code)
and not only make it easier to do but more obvious that it's possible.

If you show any willingness of doing such things then I will write down how
do I use dispcal for HDTV calibration and what could it make it more
convenient and obvious...

I somebody already made a tool for this (an ArgyllCMS based HDTV calibration
software, more like a little modification...) then sorry. (And can I ask for
the name? :D)