[argyllcms] AW: Re: Big differences in measuring display luminance

  • From: "Andreas Mock" <andreas.mock@xxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 10:43:41 +0200

Hi Graeme,

thank you for answering. I have to pay for borrowing this instrument.
Therefore I'm interested whether I can use it meaningful to improve
monitor calibration/profiling with this (huge?) difference in luminance
measurement. Advice therefore is welcome.

Here are the differences measured as a series:

A B C diff
356 286 70 20%
320 258 62 19%
286 230 56 20%
250 202 48 19%
216 174 42 19%
180 145 35 19%
144 116 28 19%
108 87 21 19%
73 59 14 19%
35 29 6 17%
17 14 3 18%

Is there a way to create a correction matrix being useful for
the xrite 1Display Pro? Can I trust the measurements of
the GretagMacbeth device?

Best regards
Andreas Mock