[argyllcms] AW: Re: AW: Re: Eye-One problem

  • From: "Vladimir Gajic" <vgajic67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 08:33:34 +0200

Hi Graeme,

hm... maybe it's time to send my instrument to xrite. The last revision is at
least two years old. Anyway, argyll is the first solution that indicated the
possibility of a hardware problem witch can be leaded back to the instrument.
The Eye One I use is quite an exploited one.

Regards
Vladimir

-- Gesendet von meinem Palm Pre
Graeme Gill &lt;graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; schrieb am 22.04.2010 23:30:

Vladimir Gajic wrote:

&gt; I solved my problem on a quite strange way simply by connecting another
Eye One and

&gt; calibrating it. Afterwards I reconnected the previous model. It works fine
now. Maybe

&gt; you have an idea?

Not really. It could be co-incidence.

The i1 and Munki drivers save the calibration to a file in

the executable directory (.i1p_SERIALNO.cal and .mk_SERIALNO.cal).

It's possible that this might cause the instrument to get in a strange

state. There's no harm in deleting these files, they are just a way

of retaining the calibration for use with the -N option.

But this doesn't explain why connecting another instrument would

change anything.