[argyllcms] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Wide gamut: Only sRGB [SOLVED] for Win 7 64 Bit !!!

  • From: "Alex K." <2013@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 09:52:37 +0200

Hi,

&gt; I use Windows 8 64bit. Should I install the patch as well? Or is it
specific AMD cards only?

I would only apply the patch if you notice the following problem:

I use agryllcms in combination with dispcalGUI. DispcalGUI showed BEFORE the
patch: Gamut coverage about 70% for AdobeRGB.

So I only applied the patch after only getting 70% AdobeRGB gamut coverage.

However on m system AFTER applying the patch I get above 90% AdobeRGB Gamut
coverage.

I had the same issue (with 70% vs. 90% ) under Mac OSX 10.8 on the same
machine. Applying the patch under Mac OSX and Win 7 solved the problem und
both OS.

But if you do not notice
any problems you do not need the patch under either OS.

Best regards

Alex