[argyllcms] Re: ACPU (Adobe Color Printer Utility)

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2019 04:26:50 -0500

Roger,

I was mad because I thought I was unable to create a custom target having 30 neutrals with targen and I found why and this solve 2 problems at ounce. First, thanks to M. Gill, I've manage to create my 30 neutrals using targen. Then opened the target in PS and just to verify, I check the patches values and nothing matches the data used to create the files,( target.ti1).

The problem is Photoshop, 1 because it does something to the values it read from the file and 2, because it does that, it makes Photoshop useless to print targets.

Picture Window Pro read the file as is when no color management is disable and each patch measures (it's rounded) exactly the numbers in the ti1 file.

Gimp does an even better job if you consider it give you the Lab values as well.

2 problems solved. Don't use PS to print targets created by Argyll and probably any other system as well. I haven't test the other way around, that is, creating a series of patch in PS to see if the values saved are the same used to create them or something else, needs to be seen...

Don't forget to adjust the number of sample in your ti1 file.

Regards,

Yves

On 12/21/2019 1:32 AM, graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I downloaded and installed GIMP but even though it allows choosing the page size from the Page Setup dialog, its Print dialog shows up just as Corel PhotoPaint, with no useful Preview :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkD78CVR1NBqkoc27LEV5w2-m9uXRQ?e=Zt1dvx

Breaks my heart…

/ Roger