[argyllcms] A spectrum according to Argyll

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:27:55 -0700

Though I have better things to do, I spent a bit of time constructing a .ti3,
running it through spec2cie, and plugging the resulting L*a*b* values into
Photoshop. Attached are both the original .ti3 and an sRGB JPEG of the end
result.

I was struck by how dark the results were. I'll play around some with values
above 100 the next time I feel like avoiding being productive.

I suppose an even more interesting test would be to extract just the individual
readings from an ambient measurement of the sun.

Graeme, it would be really nifty -- though probably entirely pointless -- to be
able to plot the results of a measurement as a simulation of a prism
spectrograph.

Cheers,

b&

image/jpg