[argyllcms] Re: A question about Spyder 3 + samsung 940Z5L laptop again

  • From: "Vitaliy Filippov" <vitalif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Graeme Gill" <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 01:36:16 +0300

// About the full-screen ICC correction: in fact I'm considering to code a full-screen color correction effect for KWin (even though, as I said, it doesn't seem that it would fully solve my problem). It seems simple, I only need to write a shader and an effect which would load it into KWin. It would be very basic i.e. I probably won't be able to implement "relative colorimetric" shenanigans and so on, but I think it should work for simple cases.

There is compicc (compiz-icc) that has this implemented, it just creates a big 3D texture with all colors and looks up colors by texture lookup. However a 256x256x256x24 bit texture is slightly scary (48 MB?), a matrix transformation shader should probably be neater.

Also compicc depends on the overcomplicated Oyranos, so I failed to make it work when I tried it yesterday.

--
With best regards,
  Vitaliy Filippov