[argyllcms] Re: 1st post (improved estimation of blackpoint using a digital camera)

  • From: Knut Inge <knutinh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:13:54 +0100

I have this nice camera that measure photons quite lineary over a large
dynamic range (3000:1 or so) presented in a raw file. Exposure can even be
shifted to cover different ranges with better SNR, and spatial samples can
be averaged to improve SNR with regards to random noise. Can I use it to
estimate (at least) the luminance-gamma at the bottom of the scale and/or
estimate the error of my calibrator in this respect?

http://clarkvision.com/articles/film.vs.digital.summary1/index.html