[argyllcms] Re: 1.3.5 dispwin bug?

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 15:58:43 +0200

Hi,

Am 03.04.2012 23:55, schrieb Trevor Cable:
Hello,
We may have found a bug in dispwin. I know 1.3.5 is old now but I didn't
see anything about this in the update logs.

dispwin -v -c -I /profiles/profile.icc
Dispwin: Error - Failed to install profile 'profile.icc'!

dispwin -cI /profiles/profile.icc
{Success}

Note that dispwin -cI might not do what you think it does. It'll only clear calibration, not install the profile (you can see what's happening if you add the -v parameter again).

I noticed this because after calibrating and profiling using dispcalGUI
it would not activate or load the profile. So I tried dispwin and had
the same issue.

We can't run dispcalGUI now without having to manually run dispwin
(which is OK) but I can't imagine I'm the first person to see this.

System: Fedora 15.

I can confirm the bug on Fedora 16 with the distribution-packaged Argyll. I'd recommend using the official Argyll CMS instead (in dispcalGUI you can select the Argyll binaries it should use in the file menu) which works fine.

--
Florian Höch