[argyllcms] Re: 1.1.0 Beta Status / Binary Availability

  • From: howdy555@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: John Ranson <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 08:14:37 +0200

Dear John!

> I would like to test Argyll with my Spyder 3.
It works :), although the Spyder 3 has its set of quirks... On the
other hand Graeme has really worked hard to make it work well!

> [...]Though I'm anxious to test Argyll,
> I'm not so anxious to figure out building under Windows.

The compilation of the newest snapshot is very easy! Really! The only
problem is to compile the modified jam.exe first and modify the
install.bat not to require a local copy of jam.exe in all directories.
To save you the trouble, here is my modified version of install.bat (the only
real difference is "..\jam" instead of "jam" in the "for" loop) and an
example "set MINGW[...]".

rem ------------- PART OF ARGYLL 1.1.0 BY G. GILL ----------------
rem ----------------- SEE www.argyllcms.com ----------------------
echo Simple batch file to invoke Jam in all the subdirectories to install
binaries

del /Q bin\*.*
del /Q ref\*.*

rem Set the compiler to be mingw
set MINGW=c:\mingw

for %%i in (numlib tiff libusb libusbw plot icc cgats rspl gamut xicc spectro
xicc imdi target scanin profile link tweak render) do cd %%i& ..\jam install&
cd ..

rem Create zip archive of documents and exectutables
zip -9 -r bin.zip bin ref -@ < doc\afiles
rem ------------- END OF FILE  ----------------

For Spyder you will only need the dispread.exe and dispcal.exe from
the snapshot. Take everything else from the official build (some
bleeding edge files just do not work, e.g. colprof :) ).

To compile I propose you get the MinGW set:
http://www.mingw.org/
If you need the modified jam.exe, I have uploaded it to RapidShare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/263122884/MODIFIED_jam.zip.html
The MODIFIED_jam.zip contains only the jam.exe. Size of jam.exe:
112 640 bytes.

CAUTION! The above file is NOT AN OFFICIAL BINARY,
WAS *NOT* TESTED BY ANYONE ELSE AND COULD POTENTIALLY BE
DANGEROUS! NO WARRANTEES!!!!!!

REMEMBER TO DO A VIRUS CHECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
REALLY, * D O *   A    V I R U S    C H E C K !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you do not feel confident about it, DO NOT DOWNLOAD
and DO NOT RUN this file. Instead, get a source of jam, and
use the Graeme patch on it (everything is in the Argyll
documentation).

ps. If you would like to test my modified super-slow (and
theoretically slightly better) version of dispwin and dispcal based on
extending the reading times in spyd2.c, let me know and I will send
you the sources.