[archmach] Re: Siggraph get-together

  • From: Kenneth Sloan <sloan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: archmach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:22:17 -0500

>You young whipper-snappers!  I remember when it was called the "film
>show".  In the early days (~1978), after showing a few reels from well
>known contributors, the organizer/projectionist would shout out "did
>anyone else bring something to show?"

Newbie.  I remember when they made an announcement that "there's going
to be a film show at XXX.  If you brought anything to show, give it to
me and we'll show it."

If memory serves, that was in Chicago, but I can't recall the year.
Must have been after 1976 (my first Siggraph).

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213