[archmach] Re: Siggraph get-together

  • From: Ann Marion <annmarion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: archmach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:37:35 -0400

this is true! about every six months google actually emails me, or calls me on the phone to get me to send my resume and then I hear zip. this is sad because finally have competency, will take suicide assignments, and at a thrifty price with less degrees than some of you.

--- Ann

On Jun 27, 2006, at 10:10 PM, Kenneth Sloan wrote:

Paul Pangaro writes:
hey, how come gobs of 25-year olds can get jobs at GOOG but one
long-ago staff researcher at negroponte's lab cannot? i'm not making
an assumption about the age of anyone's son, but speaking from
experience

um, he's 22.

answer in 25 words or less and the winner gets two desserts and a nice meal at a restaurant whose title is either french or a double-entendre

he's smart.

That's 2 (2.5?) words.

-- Kenneth Sloan sloan@xxxxxxx Computer and Information Sciences (205) 934-2213 University of Alabama at Birmingham FAX (205) 934-5473 Birmingham, AL 35294-1170 http://www.cis.uab.edu/sloan/