[archmach] Re: Siggraph get-together

  • From: Paul Pangaro <pan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: archmach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 19:00:30 -0700

hey, how come gobs of 25-year olds can get jobs at GOOG but one long-ago staff researcher at negroponte's lab cannot? i'm not making an assumption about the age of anyone's son, but speaking from experience

answer in 25 words or less and the winner gets two desserts and a nice meal at a restaurant whose title is either french or a double-entendre

David S. Backer writes:
Hi Ken.  Chicago was 1979, at the Hyatt with the cylindrical
towers.  You'll have to webcam in to the party.

I might make it, depending on schedule. I still haven't decided if I can squeeze in Boston this year.

Right now I'm in the SLC airport after Snowbird. Soon, I'm off to Mtn
View, CA to set up my son in his new job at Google. Then it's off to
the US Open Chess tournament (Chicago).

Sitting on the sidelines....waiting for a date certain...

--
Kenneth Sloan                                            sloan@xxxxxxx
Computer and Information Sciences                       (205) 934-2213