[archmach] List intro

  • From: Allan Doyle <afdoyle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: archmach@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:14:41 -0400

Well, I'm one of the UROPs who wirewrapped under Bill Kelly's tutelage. I was there in 1976-77 (or could have been 77-78) and built the digital side of the Soundbox. I.e. the FIFO-based delay buffers that took audio from the Interdata and fed the Digital-to-Analog converters that ran the speakers.

It's been great watching ArchMach turn into the Media Lab, never from very far away. I graduated in 1980, worked at Digital for a year, then I spent ~6 years at the Cognitive Science Center in the 80's, wound up at BBN for 12+ years and am now at the MIT Museum working on what we call the Museum Without Walls and we're working with people at the Media Lab.

URLs below.

I won't be able to get to the SIGGRAPH get-together but will happily lurk on the list...

        Allan

--
Allan Doyle
http://museum.mit.edu/mwow