[arcadia_group] today's brainstorms

  • From: Christopher Jones <cjones20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arcadia_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 12:58:10 -0400

*poster*:
 -we have a house split into two (half modern, half old timey) and themes
listed, explained, and somehow connected to each other

*presentation*:
-treasure hunt in the library or somewhere in CA where people find objects
related to themes in the play

-jeopardy/some sort of quiz

-flying in tom stoppard (and having him pay our student loans)

-video quiz :  ill try to explain it better with written words- my idea was
that we could create a video where we show certain scenes from the play and
at some point during or at the end of the short scene there is a freeze
frame and several questions pop up (A, B, C, D) and there are a few moments
the class can guess the right answer.  the questions will ask what they
think might happen next or what led to this moment, the the video will
resume showing the answer play out.  it could be funny or whatever and
engages the class.  interspersed can be further discussions of the themes
being shown.

-infomercial:  someone starts out asking people silly questions regarding
the themes of the play ("do you like time?"  "ever faced a math problem?"
"know an adolescent girl sexualized far too young?" etc.),  each acted out
by a brief and exaggerated snippet of the play.  and of course the solution
to all of these questions is the play, itself.  then there's the naive host
of the show asking the "expert" all sorts of questions like, "well how does
it work?" "all that in just two acts? impossible!"  we can have
plants/volunteers in the audience who come up for demonstrations and what
not.

all of my ideas seem to be performance oriented.  we can go a completely
different direction.  i just wanted to copy out what we brainstormed so far
to add on to or change.

-chris