[aravis] Re: how to remove input-queue buffer in v0.5.x (2nd try now in plain text)

  • From: Emmanuel Pacaud <emmanuel.pacaud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 14:16:00 +0200

Hi Werner,

Le ven. 27 juil. 2018 à 11:37, Werner Zeindl-Nagele <werner.zeindl@xxxxxxxx> a écrit :

In your case, I guess what is needed is a way to free all the buffers
(probably a function named arv_stream_free_buffers), not only the one in
the
 input and output queues, but also the one handled by the packet
receiving htread.

 Would such a function fulfill your need ?

 I'm planning to release a stable aravis version soon. I will try to
implement
this function before, but I would be pleased if someone could propose a
pull request.

I already implemented a workaround in our SW, but this introduces about
100us time penalty to our system, which is ok for the moment but should be
eliminated for the release.
So I'd prefer something like an arv_stream_free_buffers, I can try to
implement this function in the next days and open a pull request. For us
it is not necessary that this function is already available in the next
release you're obviously preparing now.

Is there a developer channel for the aravis project in the case I have
some questions about the SW architecture?

This is the only mailing list about aravis. Please open an issue on github, we can discuss about technical issues there.

        Cheers,

                Emmanuel.