[arach] Re: steven@menokinweb.com subscribed to arachnophilia

  • From: Jolly Green Giant <jgg.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachnophilia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:39:55 -0400

A couple of years ago, I switched from 4 to 5 and after a few days of
adjustment, I was hooked.  I still use 4 as a quick text editor
sometimes, because it loads faster than 5.  But I just leave 5 up all
day long anyway because I use it so much.

I don't really use it's file browsing operations much, like opening
documents, because it is rather slow.  Instead, I just open the folder
of the document in something like Explorer and then drag the doc into
the Arach 5 window.  I've found that I like that better anyway.

I also like 5 because I'm a little bit of a Java programmer.  So I've
made custom scripts that do some neat things.  I'm also working to be
able to program my own wizards (multi-step dialogs) that will generate
code for me for insertion into Arach 5.  That's slow going because I'm
just not great at that part of Java, but I'm steadily working at it.

anyway, I can help you get started in Arach 5, so fire away with
questions if you want.

On 6/4/05, Steven E. Marks <steven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> HI!  Yes I use Arachnophilia Version 4.0 as my main html editor.  I
> also use two other editors to do links and graphics.  I like
> Arachnophilia because it is easy to use.  I also use Arachnophilia for
> pearl and Java scripts.  The user macros make it easy for repeating
> code and other repeating items.  I downloaded the Java version two
> weeks ago.  I haven't installed it yet so I don't know much about it.
> I hope to install it sometime this month.  I have been busy and most
> likely be for the rest of this month.  I am currently working on adding
> a on-line store and shopping cart system to one of my clients websites.
> I'm now testing four shopping cart scripts on the website to see which
> one works best.  I hope to be done testing by this time next week.
> Then after that comes making all of the product graphics (in 3
> different sizes) and getting the descriptions listed in the categories.
> All of this can be done through the on-line administration panel.  I
> don't think getting everything listed will be as much trouble as
> scanning and making all of the graphics.  Anyway I have until September
> to have it up and running.
>=20
> The other day when I was looking through the listings at Free List I
> came across the Arachnophilia list.  So I decided to join and see if I
> could get a few tips on the Java version.  Since you and I are the only
> ones on the list there may not be to many tips to be had unless you use
> Arachnophilia.  Well I guess I'll get on out of here since I'm finished
> for the day.  Have a good weekend and I'll talk to you later on.
>=20
> Steven Marks

- Online, searchable archives ...
//www.freelists.org/archives/arachnophilia