[arachne] Re: Problem with PD-Admin again

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 19:03:14 +0000

> Udo,

> I'm not sure what you are experiencing, BUT...it is very much
> possible that the problem logging into your page is related
> to either cookie handling, or possibly "new window" effect.
> If it is cookie related, you may need to delete any old cookies
> from PD-Admin site.  The "new window effect" I refer to is
> what I've noticed in Opera 3.62 for Win9X...rather than just
> opening the login page in the same browser window, when
> I clicked on the link it opened a new window of Opera.
> Since Arachne only has one window, no "multiple document"
> format, this could be causing problems with the related user
> and password exchange, as well as with cookies.
> Are you still experiencing probelms?

> C U L8R!
> Wiz  <[;-)

Hi Wiz,

the problem only seems to occur when I access the PD-Admin interface
through the proxy server of my ISP. I still have to find out whether the
problem is related to using this particular proxy, to using a proxy
server in general or to Arachne's way of handling requests sent through
a proxy server.

Regards,

Udo

P.S.: I am cross-posting this to AracheDevelopment since it seems to be
relevant to that list as well.

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de

-- This mail was written by a user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/