[ar_model_train_lovers] Special Event Invitation - Day Trip to Garvan Gardens in Hot Springs, AR

  • From: Daniel Gladstone <ca_mrc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Daniel Gladstone <ca_mrc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 14:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

Good day all,

I wanted to send out this invitation to a special event - Saturday, 10/1/2011

CAMRC members and interested train hobbyists are planning to travel to Garvan
Gardens on Saturday, October 1, for a day trip to this spectacular garden site
that also contains an impressive model railroad installation. A G-scale
railroad club in that area maintains and staffs the railroad within the
gardens, and a designated host and guide will be on duty that day to point out
its features, operate the trains, and answer questions.

A caravan will leave Conway at 8:15 a.m. from the parking lot at WHOLE HOG CAFÉ
so that we can be at the site at 10 o’clock. Club members who live in the
Little Rock metro area can plan their route on their own and meet the Conway
group at the garden entrance. Admission to the garden is $9 per adult. There is
a café on the grounds, and we can have lunch there.

In the afternoon, our host and guide will lead us to a second train attraction
– a large backyard G-scale garden railroad in that area. With five loops of
trains, this spectacular display may stimulate thought in G scale!  Afterwards,
all can make their own way home.

The garden has a fascinating history. The grounds were donated to the
University by Mrs. Garvan to assure perpetual care for the enjoyment of the
public. Read the story and pre-visit the gardens on the Web at:
www.garvangardens.com.
I would love it if you can join us...

Thanks

Daniel Gladstone