[aptaoncology] Re: APTA Oncology: Looking for Mentors!

  • From: Kelly Reed <kjreed88@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aptaoncology@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 15:09:16 -0500

I have a new last name. It's now Sturm instead of Reed. Thanks!
Kelly

On May 6, 2022, at 1:26 PM, Meredith Stutz <meredith.stutz@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Academy Member,

In 2018, a mentorship list was created with the hopes that students would reach out and directly find mentors to guide them into the world of Oncology Rehab. In 2021, Dr. Alexandra Hill initiated a formal mentorship program where a direct connection can be made between students and new professionals, and Oncology Rehab Professionals through a carefully selected process. The current mentorship task force aims to progress these two programs into the future.

The current list of mentors can be found here. If you would like to be removed or need to update your information, please respond directly to this email with your full name or updated information. If you are NOT on this resource list and would like to be, please click here and follow the prompts for the first section of the survey to fill out the necessary questions to be placed on the list. Please keep in mind that this is for INFORMAL mentorship. This is a place where anyone can go to find fellow oncology rehab professionals and the field they work in either to collaborate or to seek mentorship independently.

As previously mentioned, the formal mentorship program started in 2021 will be continued in order to bridge academy members with students and new professionals. Our goal is to provide an educational and growing platform where future practitioners are enriched with the knowledge of experts. Mentors are required to be APTA Oncology members and practice in oncologic PT for at least one year, which includes those who have completed residency. If you are interested in becoming a mentor with our Mentorship Program, please click here to submit your information. Please be sure to complete all three sections in order to be considered for the FORMAL mentorship program.

The due date for expressing interest is June 15th, 2022

We are extremely excited about the growth of the Academy and this initiative to foster the growth of oncologic PT professionals. Thank you for all that you do!

Warm Regards,

APTA Oncology Mentorship Program Task Force

Scott Capozza, PT, MSPT

Lindsay Riggs, PT, DPT

Meredith Stutz, MS, SPT

--