[apt4ssx8] Re: vocabulary

  • From: "Kent A. Reed" <kentallanreed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apt4ssx8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:57:33 -0400

On 6/22/2012 5:51 PM, Kent A. Reed wrote:
On 6/22/2012 5:22 PM, Dave Caroline wrote:
<...>
While googling I found a section of the BOSS manual for a Bridgeport
which seems really an APT
programming manual of sorts, not read it all yet.

The index section gives a date of 1975 so contemporary

See section 5
http://igor.chudov.com/manuals/Bridgeport/BOSS/Series-II-NC-Programming-Manual/

I remember when Igor first mentioned this manual to the emc-users group but I didn't take time to see if it discusses post-processor words for the BOSS controller. Granted, they would be BOSS-specific but they could also give some insight into the general meanings of the post-processor words are present in Brown et al., Krall, etc.

Dave Caroline

Thanks, Dave.

Regards,
Kent

Well, of course it turns out the BOSS manual does indeed define more or less specifically its response to 23 postprocessor words.

Two of these three words aren't defined in other lists of postprocessor words. These are FINI and FROM, both of which are defined in other lists of *processor* words. The third word is POSITN, which seems to be Bridgeport's equivalent to the word POSTN which appears in other lists of postprocessor words.

Regards,
Kent