[apt4ssx8] Re: IBM apt manual

  • From: Dave Caroline <dave.thearchivist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apt4ssx8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 09:42:31 +0100

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:39 AM, Dan Falck <ddfalck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With regard to the electronically encoded APT360 manual:
> I don't have any docbook files. When we translated that to it's
> current form, a handful of us (4 or 5 people) took a chapter at a time
> and hand typed it in. I do have a copy of the original, in a scanned
> in pdf file that was supplied to me for this job. The *pdf file is
> over 10MB in size, so please don't ask for an emailed copy. I think we
> did translate it fairly diligently.

I can tell, very few mistakes considering the size of the task

> Here is what I see in the opening credits:
>
> IBM Application Program
> H20-0309-3
> System/360 APT Numerical Control
> Processor (360A-CN-10X) Version 4
> Part Programming Manual
> Fourth Edition (February 1969)
> This edition is a major revision obsoleting H20-0309-2.
>
> This edition applies to Version 4, Modification Level 0 of System/360
> APT Numberical Control Processor (360A-CN-10X)
> and all subsequent versions and modifications until otherwise
> indicated in new editions or Technical Newsletters.

Added to the manual

from Kents trawling of the source
VERSION 4, MODIFICATION 4
and

This edition applies to Version 4, Modification Level 0 of System/360

We could/should find undocumented features

I wonder what IBM thought was just a modification and not worth a version bump.

Dave Caroline