[apt4ssx8] Re: IBM apt manual

  • From: Dan Falck <ddfalck@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apt4ssx8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 15:58:45 -0700

Hi Kent,
I hope I wasn't too blunt about not wanting to email the large *.pdf
file- it's just that I remember we had a time sending it out to each
other, when we started work on this in 2006/2007. Not many ISPs like
10MB attachments.

I will look into bitsavers (never heard of that one before), or
somehow get the file to Dave Caroline, since he probably needs it more
than anyone at the moment.

On the subject of example code for learning, I will find a place to
post some code that I used on a part project some years back. I did
some brass guitar tailpieces for a customer, using APT360. It actually
worked well for me then. The parametric nature made it easy to write a
program that let me nest two parts close together, facing opposite
directions. This let me save material. The added benefit of using APT,
was that I could choose to post output for just one piece by changing
the macro.
Dan