[apt4ssx8] Re: History question - CAM-I

  • From: "Kent A. Reed" <kentallanreed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apt4ssx8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:22:48 -0400

On 6/12/2012 12:44 AM, Jon Elson wrote:
Matt Shaver wrote:

I believe the APT stuff is "on disk" now,
Ya mean I went through all that work to get my tape drive hooked to
a modern PC for NOTHING?????

Jon

Borrowing the title of Shaara's book (and the movie), I think you would have done it anyway, just "for love of the game." :-)

My mental image of these repositories is some guy like me wandering the aisles of a warehouse crammed with stuff muttering "finally, the last tape is outta here".

On a related note, I sent off a message to Fred Proctor yesterday asking if there might still be useful APT documentation I could borrow lying in someone's office or lab at NIST. I remember when I was at NIST this kind of inquiry was a bit of a nuisance but maybe waving my old school tie will help.

Regards,
Kent