[apt4ssx8] Re: History question - CAM-I

  • From: Matt Shaver <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apt4ssx8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 08:48:29 -0400

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:44:31 -0500
Jon Elson <elson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ya mean I went through all that work to get my tape drive hooked to
> a modern PC for NOTHING?????

Yep! No, not really :) At the time I thought that the only sources were
Lloyd's tapes. He managed to contact one of the developers from the
consulting firm that did the Sun workstation work, and, lo and behold,
he was able to retrieve a copy already on disk (or some easily readable
media). As things progress though, more stuff may be unearthed that
exists only on tape. So don't throw that setup away just yet! :)

Thanks,
Matt