[applied-ethics] contemplation of nature

  • From: Ajay Rastogi <ajayrastogi05@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "applied-ethics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <applied-ethics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 07:24:52 +0530 (IST)

Dear all,

I had pusrsued the idea of aesthetic experience of nature as a part of the
thesis during Applied Ethcis masters programme in 07-08. Subsequently, I
 further evolved it into a contemplation of nature workshop. This typeical half
a day workshop also incorporates related aspects from fields of psychology and
modern medical science besides a 40 minute practice session. I have had an
extremely positive feednack from most participatns in India and USA. I
travelled to USA under a Fulbright Grant to further refine the workshop. I am
sending a link herewith to my article in the newsletter of the Association of
Contemplative Mind in Higher Education that puts it in the persepective of a
lifelong expereince. The idea of contemplation of nature as a part of
transformative education, which is being talked about these days might interest
some of you. I would appreciate if any of you are interested to know more about
it or would like to collaborate; I would
 be happy to share more details.

http://www.contemplativemind.org/enewsletter/2011_Spring/acmhe.html
best wishes and regards

Ajay