[HG-PBEM] Re: Welcome to the Dungeon

  • From: "Aaron O'Reilly" <lvmonkey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 17:10:33 -0400

> On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 02:32  PM, Dennis D. Kirkpatrick wrote:
>
> > Tina first felt her breathing. It was steady and calming, but then she
> > suddenly remembered the fight. She remembered Carlie and Rohgen,...
> > Sanjay. She groaned and slowly open her eyes. She could barely see, her
> > pupils still shaking off the effects of the drug, but there was a faint
> > glow that illuminated the windowless room. It was cool and damp with a
> > slight stench floating in the air.
> >
> > She heard a stiring nearby, then a groan. It sounded like Rohgen a
> > short
> > distance away.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > GM: OK, you guys are slowly waking up. Carlie is still out cold, but
> > you
> > might be able to wake her if you wanted. Just roleplay a gradual
> > recovery
> > to consciousness. Tina is bruised up from the fight, but nothing bad
> > enough to limit her much. You aren't chained up or anything, but the
> > room
> > is locked, old brick/mortar floor and walls with a heavy steel door.
> > There
> > is a large drain gate against the wall opposite the door. There is a
> > glowing, glow stick thrown down near the door. OK? OK. Questions
> > welcome.]
>
> [ A glowing glow stick?  That's just crazy enough that it might work! ]
>
> "Your lizard seems to have escaped confinement," Tina said, flatly.
> "With any luck, it is no doubt mounting a rescue operation to free us
> from our prison."
>
> She got up and kicked Carlie's foot, not really testing to see if she
> was awake, but making sure she wasn't dead.
>
> The effects of the drug were strong, enough to make each step a little
> unsure, as if she were trying to walk across ice during an earthquake,
> but it wasn't the first time Tina had been drugged.  A lot of strange
> things happened during the war.  This wasn't new enough to surprise her.

    Rohgen heard nothing but distorted voices. He shook his head to rid
himself of the after effects of the drugs. The effects did not shake lose
nor did his appearent bed-head hair. He tilted his head in his attempt to
focus on the green glowing blur in the corner. The waving glow brought on
the pain in his head. With a hand on his head and a groan escaping his lips
he sat up. "What hit me? I remember a sharp pointy dart hit my neck but what
gives with my head?" whined Rohgen. Rohgen shook his head again and gave a
few strong blinks of his blurry eyes.