[HG-PBEM] Re: Warming up to the Track

  • From: "John Guilfoyle" <john.guilfoyle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:55:57 -0600

> > "This is Khayr ad-Din, kid," Silas answered, "not Innsbruck."

> Keavy revved her V-engine impatiently.  "So we're clear on the track." she
> said.  "Are we going to do this or what?"  The Cheetah broke out of
> formation and rolled to the door to the hangar.  Looking back at the group
> Keavy said  "I'll take point." before she tore out to the track.

Juliette's Sidewinder, 'Felix,' adjusted its stance and kicked its secondary
movement system into place. The fat, knobby tires rumbled over the hangar
floor as she made the gear crouch and accelerated out after Keavy. It felt
good to be in the machine and on the move; it had been a long time since she'd
had to push a gear's limits -- or her own. Judging by what Silas had shown
them, there'd be no shortage of limit-pushing.