[HG-PBEM] Re: Warming up the track

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:49:41 -0600
On 24 Apr 2003, at 22:10, Grizzly wrote:

> > > "Yes," Silas answered. "Once, you're through the first,
> > > banked turn, you leave the only no fire zone on the
> > > entire course. Everywhere else is open to live fire."
> >
> > Juliette nodded inside her cockpit and continued to look
> > over the course.
>
> "I think that Juliette is thinking of opening a can of something on that
> sections guys." Keavy said with an unseen grin.  She studied the pattern of
> ferro-crete pillars, plotting her route through them, or rather a route that
> gave her some good opportunities on the half-pipe.  "I assume that this
> first run is not weapons hot, Silas...uhm...sir?"

"No, there is no weapon's fire on the test run nor the time trials," Silas
answered Keavy. "Live fire is only in the actual race."

The visual display had nearly reached the end of the 2300 meter
stetch. "Moving on," Silas pressed. "This segement ends in a
corkscrew that drops you into a 30 degree bank while spinning you
180. When you reach this your Gear should be moving at 48 kph
minimum, otherwise you won't make the turn."

[...]

"The corkscrew drops into one of the most difficult segments of the
course. The half pipe drops down, forming only a shallow curve but
also expands in width. Positioned randomly across the center of the
track at varying lengths, ferro-concrete walls reach up as high as most
your Gears. There is is Gear width lane on either side of the track that
provides a straight track without obstacles, but it can also leave you
open to get shot in the back."