[HG-PBEM] Re: Something's up

  • From: "S. Blow" <iranon_hpl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 20:13:10 -0700

[snip]
>the Republican Army. The idea that the team was somehow mixed up in
>organized
>crime was extremely distasteful to the woman, but since coming to the
>Badlands
>she'd quickly learned that things worked very differently here than in Port
>Oasis. Still, she wanted to know more. "What do you mean?" she asked.
>"Tangled
>up how? Is it worse than debts the Colonel owes to Mother Superior?"

Shamus shrugged.  "Don't ask me; I just work here.  They don't tell that
kind of stuff to the hired help.  It's common for Gear racing groups to
interact with a little with organized crime groups -- ya know, grease a few
palms here and there to make things run more smoothly -- but Khayr ad-Din is
a whole other ball game.  When Bishop Xavier showed up, I figured it was
just your standard scam for protection money.  But from what little the
Colonel has spilled, it looks like he's trying to play both sides against
each other.  Borrow money from the Priesthood, then call in Saddik the
Spider when they try to collect..."