[HG-PBEM] Re: Something's up

  • From: "S. Blow" <iranon_hpl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 21:16:12 -0700

>Hanna raised her eyebrows. "Sounds like we all had a real blast, eh?" She
>looked at Billy. "See all the excitment that you missed, kid."
>
>Billy shrugged. "I'm feeling prety good from my vantagepoint," he
>returned. "'Course, I'll confess that I'm worried about the team. My clan
>father would be furious at the Colonel. He clearly lying about something."

"A businessman lying?  I'm shocked!"  Shamus snorted, cynical.  "I don't
trust the Colonel as far as I can throw him, and I'm doubtful I can even
pick him up.  This team's deeply tangled up with organized crime.  But you
know what?  They ALL are.  Gear dueling and racing has been corrupt from day
one.  The only difference between this team and another is that usually the
management is skilled enough to keep it from interfering with the talent."