[HG-PBEM] Re: Something's up

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:09:41 -0600 (MDT)

[GM: Again, there was a little crossing of the emails. I've straightened
out the text.]

>> Hanna smiled. "Yes, it is good to have a racer with your knowledge
>> and experience, Shamus."
>>
>> "And it's not like you've changed that much." Keavy added.  "I had no
>> trouble recognizing you."
>
> Shamus shook his head.  "Mighty kind of you so say so, hon, but I've
> only  got to look in the mirror to see how much this mug has changed.
> And as for  experienced, well, that's just another way of saying 'old.'"
>
>> Jory and Billy had now walked up at this point as everyone dispersed
>> into their own tasks. Hanna looked at Jory's shoulder. "How's it holding
>> up, Jorelle?"
>>
>> Jory frowned, looking down at her sling. "The sling eases the pain,
>> but I can use the arm without it. Imagine my luck with a the bullet
>> breaking my collar bone along with hitting an artery." She looked at
>> Juliette. "Not as lucky as you."
>>
>>"I don't think any of us were particularly lucky," Juliette
>>returned. The pain and stiffness in her leg certainly
>>didn't //feel// very lucky. She allowed a slightly crooked
>>smile to grace her attractive face. "Except for Shamus and
>>the others who missed the fun. //They// were lucky."
>
> "I should've been there.  I knew something was up with that Bishop
> clown,  but I just let the team security chase him off without a second
> thought."
>
> "Hey I almost got blown up by a grenade and nearly rolled my Antelope."
> Keavy added with a grin of her own. "I had my fun."

Hanna raised her eyebrows. "Sounds like we all had a real blast, eh?" She
looked at Billy. "See all the excitment that you missed, kid."

Billy shrugged. "I'm feeling prety good from my vantagepoint," he
returned. "'Course, I'll confess that I'm worried about the team. My clan
father would be furious at the Colonel. He clearly lying about something."

[...]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA