[HG-PBEM] Re: In the Sand Stone

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 15:45:15 -0700 (MST)

> Juliette nodded as the few Peace Dollars in her pocket shouted for her
> to quit negotiating and accept the offer on the table. She knew she
> was worth more, especially bringing in her own gear, but this was by
> far the best opportunity on the horizon. She wasn't about to screw
> it up by pressing for more money when they hadn't even seen her work.
>
> "That's acceptable," she agreed. Tilting her head, she asked, "So when =
> can I meet this 'Colonel,' and the rest of the team?"

Chico smiled. "Excellent," he beamed. "I'll draft up the contract after
reviewing it with the Colonel and his better half. They shouldn;t have any
problems with this once I solicite you. We'll get the advance pay in your
account ASAP." Chico looked at his watch. "Speaking of which, yes, the
Colonel is here at the Sand Stone. He was scheduled to conduct business in
a private room, but we can see if he's still occupied. He's a tough
business man but a genuine and generous man. We could see about him or
handle getting you and your gear settled at the hangar facility if that
was more important."