[HG-PBEM] Re: Deeeeeeep thoughts [Closing down]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:37:20 -0600 (MDT)

David Kelk said:

> I'm really busy right now, but I'll add stuff.  Don't expect daily
> replies from me for a week or two.

[GM: That's fine.]

> You changed the context of what Terry was saying, so I'm changing it
> back.

[GM: I only did so to clarify who was speaking. Sorry that I changed the
context; it was not my intent. It seemed that initially he was addresing
Chico's rebuke. I was also having to sort through the screwy formattting
that your email program spits out, so hopefully I got the formatting right
this time too. Let me know. You're textual changes help it read better.
Thanks.]

"Chico," the Colonel snapped. "Enough!"

"Isn't it obvious?" Terry replied. "I'm very concerned where me and my
friends safety is at stake. I'm even more concerned when I have to press
so hard to get simple answers to these questions. Let me put it another
way: Why aren't you answering my questions? Why are you telling me that
our security isn't worth talking about? How can I do my job effectively if
I have to worry about looking over my shoulder? There are linked issues
here: Existing enemies the Redliners may have - all of which you failed to
mention during negotiations -and the resources we have available to deal
with them."

"About the Gallows Pool, please continue."

Chico glared, clearly fumed. "You and your friends? You selfish, arrogant
ass," he returned Terry's rebuke.

"Sometimes you have to be selfish," Terry acknowledged.

The Colonel sighed. "Terry," the man called out, his voice pleading. "Ican
understand your concerns for you and your friends, but you'll have to
understand, I have to worry about more than you or your friends. I have
the whole team to worry about. I clearly underestimated the Bishop, but he
is no longer a problem. There were people involved in his disposal into
the Gallows Pool that must remain anomynous for all our safety." The
Colonel voice grew stern. "I would ask that you not press me further on
this subject."

"If you don't want to answer, that's fine. In that case, I'd like to know
about what other enemies the Redliners have that we should be aware of.
Tomorrow I have to go visit a rising trideo star. I don't want to be
facing the media later explaining why he - or the rest of us for that
matter - died off the racing track."

Others in the hangar were growing aggitated and began interupting each
other, pressing the Colonel and clearly sharing part of Terry's concern.
The Colonel settled into the team's rhetoric and arguments. "Perhaps, I
can explain more later, but for now I want to move on from the setbacks of
the past days, weeks and months," he declared. "Specifically, to Mr
McMartin additional concerns," the Colonel continued. "Other than Mother
Superior and her other bishops, there are none."

He then looked at Chico who had stepped back, clearly still agitated, and
then his wife. "Moving on, dear?"

[GM: OK, we'll cut and paste it there. Thanks.]

Dennis D. Kirkpatrick
Littleton, CO USA