[HG-PBEM] Re: At the Trash....

  • From: "Aaron O'Reilly" <lvmonkey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:37:01 -0400

> > By now, Tina had guessed that Rohgen wasn't very interested in playing
> > along.  His attitude pointed to a healthy disrespect for authority, and
> > unfortunately, getting the parts the team needed was much more
> > important than dealing with her fellow crew's personality quirks and
> > childish rebellion instincts.
> >
> > Stepping between Rohgen and the guard, she replied, "We require
> > additional parts for our gears."
>
> "You're tags match those we have on file for the Redliners," the guard
> replied. He then smiled. "Still, I had to ask." The guard seemed friendly
> but professional.
>
> The other guards approached and nodded to the lead guard, save one. That
> guard stopped at Tina's and Rohgen's truck and pulled back the tarp
> covering the cargo bed as if to inspect.
>
> Alongside the guard was a sniffer, similar to the webbled hoppers used in
> the South. This one had less armor covering it's body then those of the
> Humanist Alliance, showing off its cybernetic implants. With a snap of the
> guard's voice, the creature disappeared under the truck and reemerged a
> few moments later, remaining silent, its eyes catching Tina's gaze. There
> was a strange gleam in the sniffer's eyes, an ethereal consciousness that
> seemed to transcend a mere animal.
>
> Satisfied, the last guard looked up and spoke, saying, "The trucks' look
> clean, sir."
>
> The lead guard raised his arm and the front gates into the compound slowly
> rolled open. "Thanks for your cooperation. You're free to go in." He
> gestured throught he open gate. "Follow the road to your third right and
> head south till you reach warehouse Alpha-13. You can park your trucks and
> start your parts aquisition from there."

Rohgen turned to look at Tina, glowing purple with intensity in her seat.
"Are you always gonna jump outta the vehicle whenever you see a guard?"
Rohgen said dripping with sarcasm. "I guess its true, 'GRELS always deliver'
" Rohgen said jokingly, knowing Tina would not appreicate his humour, but
still expecting a laugh from the other occupants.