[HG-PBEM] Re: All together again [Sorting it all out]

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 12:51:37 -0600 (MDT)

Aaron OReilly said:

>> "A woman," Tina answered.  "Sanjay spoke to a woman.  I believe they
>> are working for her.  She appeared to be older than them and had a
>> taste for leather clothing.  Other than that, I cannot supply much
>> information."
>>
>> "That sounds like Mother Superior alright," the Colonel responded.
>> "She always liked leath bustlers." The Colonel frowned.  "Damn you,
>> Marian," he cursed under his breath.  "What are you up to?"
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Carlie leaned forward, looking at Rhogen. "Hey, Rho, tell them about
>> those men and the boats."
>>
>> "Boats?" Terry looked at Rhogen, "You mean the things that go on
>> water? I've heard of those before.  How in creation did you find
>> boats?"
>
> "Yah, Terr...boats! Remember the old stories of the underground
> McAllen network? We found part of it, several boats and equipment
> within the boats! including a map of the network and this really nifty
> chaingun! I think it needs some ordinments on it, like a little
> running lizard statue just here before the spinning bits to give it a
> more classy feel." Rohgen said as he pointed to a spot on the
> monsterous chaingun.

"Hey, watch where you're pointing that thing!" Carlie shouted.

[...]

>> The conversation in the antelope passed Keavy by and she once
>> again took up her position in the procession.  She opened up her comm
>> as she swept the ruins on her side.  "I think that I much prefer the
>> Core to this place.  Any place where a gear can stomp around fully
>> armed is not really my idea of a picnic spot.  Do we have much
>> farther to go, Juli?"
>
> "Three quarters of a click or so," Lemanz answered. "And we've got tons
> of contacts again. Lets pick up the pace. Watch the flanks, be on the
> lookout for heavy infantry weapons."

Shamus, who was flanking the group a half block away. "My scope is reading
that west looks clearer of contacts. Perhaps, we should steer that way and
then continue north. We could then track back onto our waypoint from the
west."

Juliette looked at her sensor readout. Shamus' observations appeared to be
right. Heat signatures tapered off and became more scattered further west.
Also, there seemed to be a main road that direction that might allow the
jeep better passage than their present course, giving them a shraighter
shot north.

[...]