[HG-PBEM] Re: Afterglow and exploration...

  • From: "Dennis D. Kirkpatrick" <dkirkpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <apaworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 13:21:58 -0600 (MDT)

[GM: The pictures mentioned below show many of the teammates that you've
met having fun, drinking and dancing, including one of Shandra clearly in
a wet t-shirt competition of some sort with Sudo and Saddik (the computer
geek kid on the team) also getting soaked. There are also some people that
you don't recognize. Both men and women, but one stands out to you as a
duelist that you'd read about about a year ago. It's a woman. You remember
her name being Sammi Reiss. She was a top duelist on the racing circuit.]

Alex said:

> "Do you guys get a chance to go out a lot?" he asked, stepping into the
> room, looking around for an available seat. "Is it cool if I sit down
> somewhere?"

"Sure, we do. At least, in between races. Sitting up on the edge of her
bed, Shandra rocked back and forth, almost playfully. "Though, things have
been pretty low key for the past couple of Seasons. After Sammi died on
the track, it shook the team up pretty hard." Shandra's countenance took
on a deep sadness that she seemed to quickly get over. With a smile, she
gestured at the nearby bed. "Sit down." She then rolled back and grabbed a
PDA off her shelf, manipulated its interface and tossed the device at
Chance. "Here's some pictures of our last big bash." Shandra looked down,
her face looking forlorn for a moment. She then looked back up at Chance.
"I mean, the last one before the incident at the Sand Stone a week and a
half ago."