[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Title of draft

  • From: Stan Ratliff <ratliffstan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2015 16:23:09 -0400

We need to standardize on "Ad-hoc On-demand Distance Vector".

Stan

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 3, 2015, at 4:40 PM, Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hello Vicky,

The name of the protocol was a battleground long ago. I am O.K. to change
it, but I am not sure if it violates the terms of some agreement that came
into place when Stan and John were appointed as co-editors. I never did find
out what happened at that time, but it had the effect of enabling the
document to go forward. Prior to the agreement, the document was pretty much
paralyzed.

In the absence of all other information, I might suggest putting a note out
to the mailing list to find out whether people in the working group have an
opinion...

However, Stan might well have something to say about this.

Regards,
Charlie P.

On 4/3/2015 11:01 AM, Victoria Mercieca wrote:
Hi all,

Just noticed that the title on the first page is "Dynamic MANET On-demand
(AODVv2) Routing", and in the abstract and later in the document we expand
AODVv2 as "Ad Hoc On-demand Distance Vector". Can we update the title or is
that set in stone somewhere?

Regards,
Vicky.