[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Timed routes

  • From: Lotte Steenbrink <lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 12:16:53 +0100

Hi Charlie,

Am 20.12.2014 um 00:49 schrieb Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello Lotte,
>
> Timed routes were introduced to be compatible with RFC 5444.
> RFC 5444 specifies the use of a "Validity Time", and timed routes
> are AODVv2's way of providing that feature.

I've re-read the RFC and couldn't find a description for this feature, could
you point me towards the part of RFC5444 that describes this when you have the
time?

> Yes, all routes are timed in a way, but (according to my recent
> proposal anyway), "timed routes" are slightly different because
> they don't go "idle".

Ah! That was the piece of information I was looking for. So they go straight to
Expired, right? I'd propose to explain this in the draft, and will come up with
a suggestion on how to do so, if that's okay.

Cheers and happy holidays,
Lotte