[aodvv2-discuss] Timed routes

  • From: Lotte Steenbrink <lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 00:40:13 +0100

Hi all,
at the hangout today we talked about Timed routes, and I said I vaguely
remember thinking that they were underspecified. I looked it up again in my
noted and the draft and, at the risk of sounding incredibly stupid:
I still don't really get what timed routes are for. Aren't all routes Timed, in
a way? (as in: they expire after they have not ben used for ACTIVE_INTERVAL +
MAX_IDLETIME ). Are timed routes routes whose expiration time is not refreshed
when they are being used?
The draft doesn't mention when a route can or must be marked as timed. I think
that was the source of my confusion.
I'd love to learn more about this, and would be happy to help newbie-proof the
specification text once I understood what Timed routes are all about.

Cheers,
Lotte