[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Section 6.5.2/Unconfirmed routes

  • From: "Ratliff, Stanley" <sratliff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 17:07:15 +0000

Lotte,

I'm not really on-board with the notion that AODVv2 would keep its own private
RIB... but then, I'm used to a common RIB updated by BGP, OSPF, RIP, and (yes)
EIGRP, with conflicts resolved by "administrative distance" values.

FWIW, I think this discussion boils down to "When does AODVv2 commit a route to
the RIB?" Are you saying that unconfirmed routes should be withheld from the
RIB, until they are confirmed?

Regards,
Stan