[aodvv2-discuss] Re: Regarding the discussion abouttaggingeveryaddress.

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:44:18 -0700

Hello John,

Maybe instead of private email, it would be better to have Skype or Google Hangout. I don't mind if anyone else joins.

Roughly speaking, reduced message size CAN counteract the effect of other "processing elements" of a system. But usually the mechanism by which the problem occurs can be stated specifically.

Anyway, I will forward the email to you again. I just feel that a focused ear-to-ear discussion would get to mutual understanding sooner.

Regards,
Charlie P.

On 6/10/2015 2:13 AM, John Dowdell wrote:

Charlie

My own view is that the AODVv2 messages are isolated from the air interface by at least the 5444 parser and likely also by any special multicast handler such as SMF. Thus saving bytes on messages may actually be counterproductive for saving bytes on the air interface.

However, since I'm working off a smartphone while travelling, if you still want me to review your email in question please forward it privately to me.

Regards
John