[aodvv2-discuss] Metric range ; cost metric for choice of routing path with optimal bandwidth

  • From: Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 06:09:01 -0700

Hello folks,

The question was raised about the number of bits needed for a metric (and, MAX_METRIC).

This depends on the metric type. That's the way it's done elsewhere (e.g., in IEEE layer-2 routing), because it would be quite wasteful if required to be the same for all metrics.

Also, I am p-lanning to resubmit draft-perkins-manet-tdpb-00.

It is very short. I would really appreciate any comments you may have. This is one of the metrics in use for the 802.15.10 layer-2 routing specification, and has had a lot of discussion. It's a cost metric that allows choice of path with the highest bandwidth -- useful because bandwidth is not itself a cost metric.

Regards,
Charlie P.