[aodvv2-discuss] Re: LoopFree()

  • From: Victoria Mercieca <vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 08:21:43 +0100

Hi Lotte,

Actually I think you're right, we can simplify this text by replacing R1
and R2, I think if we refer only to AdvRte and Route instead? I'll check it
properly later :-) thanks!

Regards,
Vicky
On 3 Apr 2015 00:06, "Lotte Steenbrink" <lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Ah, nevermind.. I should probably go to sleep.
Sorry for the spam everyone.

Am 03.04.2015 um 00:58 schrieb Lotte Steenbrink <
lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi all,
I just noticed that section 7.2. sill uses R1, R2 instead of AdvRte, Route
as input parameters... according to Appendix D,

In order to make understanding easier, replaced
abstract parameters R1 by RteMsg and R2 by Route to reduce the
level of abstraction when the function LoopFree is discussed.

This shouldn't be the case anymore... I believe the affected part of
section 7.2. should be changed from

Since determining loop freedom is known to depend on comparing the
Cost(R1) of advertised route update information to the Cost(R2) of an
existing stored route using the same metric type, AODVv2 invokes a
function called "LoopFree(R1, R2)". LoopFree(R1, R2) returns TRUE
when R1 is guaranteed to not rely on the route R2, i.e. R2 is not a
subroute of the route R1. An AODVv2 router invokes LoopFree() to
compare an advertised route to a stored route. The advertised route
is referred to as AdvRte and is used as parameter R1. The stored
route is referred to as Route and is used as parameter R2.

Since determining loop freedom is known to depend on comparing the
Cost(RteMsg) of advertised route update information to the Cost(Route) of
an
existing stored route using the same metric type, AODVv2 invokes a
function called "LoopFree(RteMsg, Route)". LoopFree(RteMsg, Route)
returns TRUE
when RteMsg is guaranteed to not rely on the route Route, i.e. Route is
not a
subroute of the route RteMsg. An AODVv2 router invokes LoopFree() to
compare an advertised route to a stored route. The advertised route
is referred to as AdvRte and is used as parameter RteMsg. The stored
route is referred to as Route and is used as parameter Route.

Is this correct? If so, Victoria, could you add those changes?

Regards,
Lotte