[aodvv2-discuss] Fwd: [manet] I-D Action: draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-12.txt

  • From: Victoria Mercieca <vmercieca0@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 14:38:41 +0100

Hi all.....

You may have already seen that I posted the draft... I also wrote my own
little response to the AODVv2 Discussion Points email I sent to MANET a
while ago...as a way to sum up the main changes, if you think its worth
sending these too?:

Lists or Sets
We have explained the reasoning behind using lists for the AODVv2
representation but it should be clear that we require no dependence on
position from the RFC 5444 representation.

Router Client
We have updated the definitions to try to avoid any confusion. We did not
think Local Attached Network Set was the right term for AODVv2 and have for
the moment, retained Router Client.

Adjacency and Neighbor
We have updated the text to try to avoid more confusion.

Using Multiple Sequence Numbers
Allowing one sequence number per router to simplify.

Multiple IP addresses, and Same IP Address on Different Interfaces
Sumamrized in previous email. Hosts cant use same IP address on multiple
interfaces (ie with multiple routers having that IP address as a router
client). Routers can use same IP address on multiple interfaces. Hosts and
routers can all have multiple IP addresses per interface. AODVv2 wont
realise they are the same interface, or even the same device.

Forwarding plane interaction
We have written a section to show which signals are required between AODVv2
and the forwarding plane.

AODVv2 Routing Set / FIB
AODVv2 refers to "valid routes" which can be used for forwarding, and these
should be inserted into the RIB. When AODVv2 refers to "the routing table"
it includes the collection of all routes learned by AODVv2. This does not
HAVE to be separate to the RIB but if an implementation wishes to store the
AODVv2 routing information separately, then it should transfer "valid"
routes to the RIB based on the signals given in the "forwarding plane
interaction" section.
However, this update is likely to be soon.

Applicability statement
Has been updated in many areas.

Directional metrics, asymmetric links
We've decided to limit to directional (symmetric) metrics at this stage.
This should now be clear in the draft.

New metric types
We've updated the Metrics section to be more generic, to deal with cost
metrics. We've clearly identified what is necessary to introduce a new cost
metric type.

MAX_TIME and route timeouts
We changed MAX_TIME to INFINITY_TIME and updated the text to avoid
confusion.

Kind regards,
Vicky.

Date : 2015-10-13

Abstract:
The Ad Hoc On-demand Distance Vector Version 2 (AODVv2) routing
protocol is intended for use by mobile routers in wireless, multihop
networks. AODVv2 determines unicast routes among AODVv2 routers
within the network in an on-demand fashion, offering rapid
convergence in dynamic topologies.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-12

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2-12