[aodvv2-discuss] Re: A nearly complete intermediate version with suggested revisions to pseudocode

  • From: Lotte Steenbrink <lotte.steenbrink@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aodvv2-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 09:27:02 +0100

Hi Charlie, hi folks,

Am 05.03.2015 um 08:45 schrieb Charlie Perkins <charles.perkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hello Stan and all,
>
> If removing Appendix B what it takes, then I am forced to agree.
> But since it seems that Appendix B has been useful, and I don't
> recall any complaint about it, I would ask for reconsideration
> until the discussion indicates that it hurts more than it helps.
>
> If everyone here agrees it has to go, then of course it will
> go.  But if others think it's useful, then I would hope it could
> stay.   In its favor, I'll mention two things:
> - it was a LOT of work to finally get it right, and
> - it would be enormously helpful to people who need
>    to build AODVv2 for deployments that do not have a
>    pre-existing RFC 5444 parser.

Something just dawned on me... Do you mean “People who don't have a RFC 5444
parser at hand so they will have to build their own” or “people who neither
want nor have their own RFC5444 parser, because they want to build packets in
their own format”?
For the former, I'd disagree.
The algorithms are a nice checklist, but they won't help in figuring out the
nitty gritty details of putting together correct 5444 packets, because that's
RFC 5444's task, and that's fine. But I think the Algorithms shouldn't be
advertised as help to build a RFC 5444 parser.

Regards,
Lotte