[antispam-f] missing headers

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 01:29:54 +0100

This is a strange one. I've been receiving some spam messages along
the same lines, which were not marked by PlusNet. All got defaulted by
AntiSpam and marked as Spam by SpamStamp. However the last one had no
headers except those added by AntiSpam and SpamStamp:

We are looking for a highly motivated professional, with skill of
working with people. The position is home-based. We offer a part-time
position with flexible working hours. And we would be happy to
consider a full-time job share applicant.

The right person will have good consultation and interpersonal skills
and some knowledge of advertising. Candidates must be able to keep on
focused and motivated when working alone.
Spam: Yes
SpamScore: 100.00%

The backup file in MsgServe is identical except for the #! rmail
0000530 line. The first part of the message body is also missing.

The AntiSpam ISP log looks OK with all the headers present, but more
than the ten requested body lines. I don't know where else to look,
but it seems that AntiSpam has chopped the message because its headers
are present. If SpamStamp or Messenger had corrupted it then the
AntiSpam headers should also have gone. Interestingly SpamStamp had
enough information to give the message 100% even though PlusNet's
filter declared it innocent!

--
 _
|_|. _   Richard Porter               http://www.minijem.plus.com/