[antispam-f] mail.btinternet.com

  • From: Brian Howlett <brian.groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 09:30:35 GMT

Hi

I collect email from my BT Yahoo email accounts using AntiSpam, and
this morning I started getting the following error message:

-ERR [AUTH] (#MBR1213) Please verify your account by going to
https://login.yahoo.com

Of course, nothing happens on accessing the site - I was able to log
in and access my email quite happily (using Firefox on my Windows
box).

I thought I'd check the Help pages, and found that they have changed
the POP3 and SMTP settings, probably as part of the switch away from
Yahoo.

Incoming mail server settings
-----------------------------
POP server: mail.btinternet.com
Use SSL
Port: 995

Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings
------------------------------------
SMTP server: mail.btinternet.com
Use SSL
Port: 465
Use authentication
Account Name/Login Name: Your BT Yahoo Mail ID (your email address
without the "@btinternet.com" domain, for example, "jo.bloggs")
Email Address: Your BT Yahoo Mail address (for example,
"jo.bloggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx")
Password: Your BT Yahoo Mail password

I don't use BT email for sending, so the SMTP settings have not been
verified by me, but changing the POP3 settings in AntiSpam to use SSL
and Port 995 stopped the error messages and got me back in to my BT
email. Yay!
--
Brian Howlett
Was Karl Marx's grave just another Communist Plot?