[antispam-f] Re: [antispam] Is this too dangerous?

  • From: Mark J <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:45:03 +0100

In message <f1e3026c4e.Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Barnett <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a recent message           Mark J <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> Sorry, I meant to say that my rule doesn't work.  Threading went wrong
> somewhere :-(

:-) - glad other folk make mistakes too :-)

> It may be worth testing for timezone using the 'And' action, +0070
> seems to feature a lot.  Not a good idea to test for timezone on its
> own.

Did you mean +0700? FWIW I Delete on timezones, with much use of
whitelists; the're frustrating, the way that they zig-zag about, and
the way that Daylight Saving is a movable feast, or not used at all.

Out of curiosity I'm filtering on individual timezones, and out of the
last 1600 Deletes +0900 topped the lot. I have Accepts -0300 to -0900,
0000 to +0200 (0000 because I'll forget gmt) for various reasons, so
they don't feature. .ru and .ch have their own Deletes....

+0900 114
-0060  89
+0300  80
-0200  65
+0800  38
+0500  21
+0400  20
+0480  19
+0600  19
+0700  13
-0100   9
-0120   9
+0360   7
+1000   3

As you say, not a good idea on their own, but with careful whitelists
they work for me :-)

--
E.Mark Jolliffe
www.poppy-land.co.uk